Combining advanced ergonomics with a wide range of configurable options, the Dräger PSS® 5000 provides the user with the comfort and versatility to meet the demands of first responders whenever breathing protection is required.
Dräger PSS® 5000
- Ergonomic carrying system
- Advanced harness choice
- Service friendly & easy to maintain
- Integrated and Versatile hose routing
- Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
Utilizing the established Dräger PSS Pneumatics and cylinder strap design, the Dräger PSS 5000 combines established technology, state-of-the-art materials and innovative thinking to create a SCBA for virtually any application.
Ergonomic carrying system
The Dräger PSS 5000 has been designed to be not only comfortable but also extremely stable during use in harsh firefighting environments. Incorporating a rigid harness connection to a fixed-height back plate, advanced harness materials and a pivoting waist belt, the Dräger PSS 5000 remains in position regardless of the task in hand.
Advanced harness choice
To allow the breathing apparatus to be tailored to the required application, the Dräger PSS 5000 utilizes new state- of-the-art harness materials offered in a choice of 2 harness options:
The Dräger Standard (DS)
Harness is a cost effective option for everyday use, offering a high level of comfort and durability. Easy to don and doff materials and simple pull forward and down adjustment mechanisms make the DS harness a versatile option for a wide variety of applications.
The Dräger Professional (DP)
Utilizes materials to withstand the high wear and tear that firefighters face daily, whilst providing an enhanced level of comfort and function over the DS harness. Incorporating hardwearing stainless steel buckles and long-life Aramid blend webbing, the DP is ideally suited to extended wear and frequent use.
Service friendly & easy to maintain
To keep downtime and costs to a minimum during service and maintenance, the Dräger PSS 5000 incorporates a number of unique design features
- Dräger’s innovative Harness “slide and lock” mechanism facilitates fast and simple harness and waist pad connection/removal from the back plate, without the use of tools
- The first stage reducer snap fit connection allows the pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily from the set
- “Push in and out” hose clips allow swift removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning, without the need to remove the clip itself
- Closed, single piece harness and waist pad design to prevent excessive water absorbtion, reducing cleaning and drying time Integrated and versatile hose routing
To minimize the risk of snagging and to guard against physical damage, both the gauge and air supply hoses are integrated within channels in the Dräger PSS 5000 back plate. The LDV, Gauge and Rescue hoses can now be routed over the left and/or right shoulders (2 hoses per side), allowing the Dräger PSS 5000 to be configured to any standard. Conventional waist mounted hoses can also be fitted making the Dräger PSS 5000 one of the most versatile SCBA’s available.