The Shift Plus 900 is currently in high demand. If you need this item immediately, please call or email to see if we have it in stock. Shipping times may vary.
Two packs in one and prepared for any Shift the fire might throw at you, our modular system is designed with open-ended capability to facilitate problem solving in the operational fire environment.
Modular Power: Shifting From IA to Campaign
Whether it’s a 36 hour IA shift that takes you from the truck to the mountain top, or a two week assignment out of region or county, the SHIFT PLUS 900 has your back. Replacing the Hot Spot + Crewbag, our redesigned system Shifts from simple, streamlined IA tool to large, full-featured pack for extended attack, single resource assignments, and mission-specific versatility.
- Three components combine to form the fundamental innovation that makes the Shift System truly unique: its Operational Load Shelf.
- First, the Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Second, the mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- In combination, this is all serves the Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus 900 or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus 900 to Shift base in seconds.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hosepacks, mount modules, and carry other equipment
- Angled shelf in Ops mode minimizes shelter slap and chafe
- Sized and fully adjustable Fire Yoke features patented Futura telescopic adjustment system
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Shift BASE has discreet storage sleeve keeps three fusees fully stowed yet accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Plus 900 stows up to 8 additional fusees between two dedicated sleeves
- Fusees fully stow away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- Plus 900's wing pockets’ low-cut front enables firefighter to reach fuel and water bottles while wearing pack
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- CAL FIRE SPEC model includes HYDRO carrier and HYDRAPAK® 3.1L OHY Hydration Reservoir – insulated all-black hose, bite valve hardware, and dust cover
- System features multiple 200 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Double-layered Fire Shelter compartment built with additional reinforcement at key wear points—gift-wrap closure design minimizes debris
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XXL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- Fiberglass Stays
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728 (CAL FIRE SPEC Model)
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- NFPA 1977-2016
- UL® Certified